Friday, April 1, 2011

Quiet

It's hard to believe but Naomi has been with our family almost a month. The time has literally flown by. The first few weeks I felt like I was on a caffeine drip, constantly alert and never resting. Now that we have begun to get into a rhythm and I finally feel like my brain can slow down.
There is a verse in Isaiah 30 that has been resonating in my head and heart:
"In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength."v.15

My quiet times these days are nothing to brag about and are not what I would exactly hope for. But several times a day I sit and just connect. I am not reading, not studying, not planning, not asking, not moving....just sitting in the presence of my Lord. It may last 10 seconds or 10 mins before someone has an emergent need to potty!!!!! or gets hurt or needs a snack RIGHT NOW!!!!! I may not have a brain but I have a heart that is attached closely to my savior. I need Him, not just in the morning or evening, but all day.
I am grafted to Him.




3 comments:

Tisha said...

Amber, you are amazing!! You are doing a wonderful job! ALL four of your children are just beautiful...

Sheilah said...

sounds like you are exactly where you need to be.

sara said...

oh.my.goodness.

all my love and best to you all as you work out and work in your new little girl!

(((HUGS))))